School Rules & Regulations
The school rules have been established in partnership with the teachers over a long period of time. They reflect the school community’s expectations in terms of acceptable standards of behaviour, dress and personal presentation in the widest sense. Students are expected to follow the school rules at all times when on the school corridors, representing the school, attending a school activity or when clearly associated with the school i.e. when wearing school uniform.
Students have the responsibility:
- To attend school regularly
- To respect the right of others to learn
- To respect their peers and teachers regardless of ethnicity, religion or gender
- To respect the property and equipment of the school and others
- To carry out reasonable instructions to the best of their ability
- To conduct themselves in a courteous and appropriate manner in school and in public
- To keep the school environment and the local community free from litter
- To observe the uniform code of the school
- To read all school notices and bring them to their parents’/guardians’ attention
Students are representatives of our school from leaving home until they return and are thus expected to set themselves a high standard of behaviour both inside and outside the school.
The School Uniform And Grooming
should be worn tidily and correctly both at school and between home and school. The full school uniform must be worn at all times. Shirts are to be tucked in; socks are to be pulled up; heel straps in place. Where a situation arises concerning a student’s uniform, written requests for temporary wearing of non-regulation items must be referred to the Principal.
No visible jewellery is to be worn. Jewellery of religious or cultural significance may be worn but must be covered at all times.
No piercings are allowed. In particular, clear plastic studs, or otherwise, used to maintain the piercing, are not allowed.
A student’s hair must be kept clean and tidy at all times. The length of the hair should not be shorter than a “number 2” razor cut. Hair should not be touching the shirt collar and should be off the face. The fringe when straightened /combed down must not hang in the eyes. The style of the hair should not be extreme including but not limited to mohawk, afro, shaved styles and/or patterns, hair tied up and braided. The colour must be the student’s own natural colour; no dye nor highlights are allowed.
Make-up must not be worn. Students are not permitted to have visible tattoos.
The Following Are Not To Be Brought On To The School Premises:
- Alcohol or drugs in any form
- Cigarettes or tobacco
- Knives or other weapons, including BB guns
- Matches/lighters/explosive or dangerous material
- Pornographic or any other offensive material
- Expensive bicycles or bicycle accessories or other costly equipment
- Mobile phones will be permitted in school on condition(s).
- Students will be able to use them on the way to and from school.
- Students will be able to use them in class as learning devices with the express permission of the teacher. Such permission must be sought and received before their use.
- Students will not be permitted to use mobile phones in the school premises, or during Form Period.
If a student uses a mobile phone inappropriately, or in contravention of the school’s policy, he will be sanctioned accordingly. Mobile phones will not be confiscated except in circumstances where a member of staff considers the device to be a harmful or disruptive influence.
Devices (Laptops / Notebooks / Tablets)
- Devices will be permitted in school.
- Students will be able to use them in class as learning devices with the express permission of the teacher.
- Students will not be permitted to use devices in the school premises during Interval and Lunch.
If a student uses a device inappropriately, or in contravention of the school’s policy, he will be sanctioned accordingly. Devices will not be confiscated except in circumstances where a member of staff considers the device to be a harmful or disruptive influence.
The security and protection, within reason, of the device will be the responsibility of the student.
The Following Rules Are Strictly Forbidden On School Premises When Students Are Under School Discipline Or Attending A School Program:
- smoking and the use of alcohol or other drugs, or being in the company of those who are smoking or using alcohol or drugs.
- distributing of literature or any form of written matter (without the prior permission of the Principal).
There are times when inappropriate use of social media is brought to our attention. Students are expected to read the Pakistan’s Cyber Safety Law and abide by the conditions contained in the Law.
Any form, verbal or physical, or any means of bullying or victimisation is strictly forbidden.
It is the responsibility of every student in the school to ensure that the school is free from litter. Students are also encouraged to take the responsibility for litter in their immediate vicinity and place any litter in the many bins placed around the school.
Students are required to attend all classes and remain in the school grounds. No student may leave the school grounds during interval or lunch without prior permission. This includes collecting books/gear from cars. When leaving school during the day to attend dental/medical or similar appointments, the boys must sign in and out at the Attendance Office or to see the Principal.
Parents, please consider carefully the effect on learning and the consequences of asking for leave during school time. The process of applying for leave is for parents/guardians to write to the Principal well in advance, notifying dates and the reason for absence. Each application is considered fully by the student’s teachers, before being granted or otherwise by the Principal.
All students must be at school by 8.00am. Latecomers must report to the front desk of school before going to class. The student will only be admitted to class by the teacher upon presentation of a ”Late Pass” from the school office.
If you know your son is going to be absent for any reason please call the Attendance Office and leave a message with student’s name, class, contact number and reason for the absence. After an absence from school a boy must bring, on the day of return, a note signed by his parents/guardian, stating the reason for the absence and take it to the school office. In the event of the absence exceeding 2 days, the school should be informed whilst the student is absent from school.
All articles of clothing, shoes, books, bags and other personal property should be clearly marked with the owner’s name.
No responsibility can be accepted for unmarked property. Students losing or finding lost property should in the first instance report to school office.
are to be kept outside the school premises at their own risk. Students are strongly advised to secure their vehicles with a lock.
of any kind must be reported immediately to the Principal. In the case of wilful damage or negligence, boys will be expected to contribute part or all of the cost of repair.
Terms & Conditions
Students, Parent and Guardian must observe the following rules and regulation as outlined all in the Policy Note regarding Tuition Fee of Blue jays School system. Tuition fee is payable in Pak Rupees, for the Academic year is as follows.